Wednesday, April 17, 2013

LibraryThing

Say one thing of publishing your own novel; say it's a ton of work. I just wanted to let friends and fellow authors know of a new opportunity to expand your reading audience:

LibraryThing.

Affectionately abbreviated LT by its readers--an acronym I'm well familiar with here in Afghanistan, LT being my rank and nickname--LibraryThing resembles what Goodreads probably was in its infancy. Its membership is comparatively small, and a fair number of them seem to be actual readers rather than writers. If I had to guess, I'd say the reader-author ratio is about 50:50. The number of topics and groups are low as well. In short, your voice has a better chance of being heard on LT than on GR.

Another very nifty tool: their Member Giveaway program. LT posts a running list of author giveaways. All you do is fill out a form with your book's information, and the listing is posted for up to a month. During this time, readers will sign up to review the book for free. At the end of this month, from what I currently understand, you're sent a list of readers, and it's up to you to send them their free copies.

Using this system, I've added 8 future reviews to my growing list--in less than 12 hours. Will this taper off? Who knows.

But one thing I know for sure: in those same 12 hours, only one person on GR has responded to my Read 4 Review request.
So what are you waiting for, fellow authors? Jump on LibraryThing, create an account, link your book to your author profile, and get your book some acclaim!

No comments:

Post a Comment