Sunday, July 14, 2013

Kydona topping lists on Amazon!

An interesting and gratifying realization for me today when I logged into Amazon: Kydona is the #1 free book in both Epic Fantasy and Sword & Sorcery!

Now the second sub-genre is a little odd because Kydona has no sorcery in it. Unfortunately Amazon offers authors no control over sub-genres, so I'll just have to hope that the lack of magic doesn't disappoint any of my new readers.

A little more info on the rankings:
#99 Free in the Kindle Store
#5 Fantasy
#1 Epic Fantasy
#1 Sword & Sorcery

Just yesterday, Kydona was the #70 Epic Fantasy and steadily climbing, but I never expected this kind of jump. I have no ongoing promotions and haven't been able to find any recent reviews on popular blogs, so I'll have to conclude that KDP Select is the reason for the sudden popularity. I believe the book found its way onto the Kindle Sci-Fi & Fantasy front page at some point, and the flashy new cover garnered a lot of clicks.

I'll be keeping an eye on this of course, but at this point, I'm awfully glad I signed up for KDP Select! And let me take this time to direct you again to my cover artist, Sam Carr!

[Edit] There have been exactly 1,538 downloads in the past week, most of them in the last 12 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment